Thursday, May 9, 2013

1/2 of my poetry response #4


In the poem Still Faces by Orion Scheideler it has good detail, so I could tell it was boredom from the 1st line. He had a little assonance in the 1st line, “I have seen eyes longing for things to do” with the vowel sounds, the o sound repeating. In the 1st  line he starts it off really good, I got what the abstract noun was without even reading the rest of the poem. I saw repetition of -ness in the 2nd line with plainness and greyness. There is assonance in the 3rd line because of the -le at the end(Is terrible for people who cannot handle the feeling.). He really kept with great poetic form for his poem. In the 2nd line I like how he adds in the “nothing after years of the practice” describes disappointment.  In the 2nd sentence in the 2nd stanza I like the line that he writes “And I have noticed that fullness turns into emptiness.” because it seems like it is kinda cliche, but it is original. He said “some things would never change” I think that meant you can never always be happy or entertained.  The 3rd stanza starts really good with a metaphor(It is oatmeal without a sweetening) followed by 2 more lines describing the metaphor. In the 3rd stanza, 2nd sentence the o sound repeats meaning there is assonance(There is no taste and no color to be enjoyed). The 4th stanza was talking about what it does, I’m saying in my own words “they do not like me, so since I cause not liking things I make myself not be liked.” I think the ending was great. There was repetition in the last stanza. I like how he repeats the title in the last stanza and ends with a good line “Still with hope of finding an enjoyable road to travel”. His abstract noun is boredom or depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment